There are some recipes that are so incredibly simple to make, yet it takes us forever to actually make it. That’s the case of tahini. I needed it to use in another recipe, and I had a lot of sesame seeds, so I decided to make it. Two ingredients, a food processor, and you’re done!
Simple, healthy, and delicious!
I got the original recipe here, and it’s so simple I didn’t even modify it!
- Food processor
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2-4 tbsp oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- Toast the sesame seeds for a few minutes, just to help release the sesame seeds natural oils.
- Let it cool for a few minutes, then add it to the food processor.
- Process it for a few minutes until it forms a paste. In the beginning, it appears that nothing is going to happen, but scrape the sides of the processor and keep processing and soon it will be there.
- Add the oil and keep processing until it becomes liquid. The amount of oil added will vary depending on how toasted the sesame seeds are and on the quality of the oil you use.
- That's it! You can use it for other recipes, such as dips, sauces, salad dressing, cookies, desserts, hummus, the options are countless… You have a super healthy, free of preservatives tahini.