I love sesame seeds. So much I’ll eat it with honey as a dessert or a snack, so when I saw this recipe I knew it was perfect for me. It has more ingredients than what I usually like to use for one recipe, but it’s very simple.
The result was incredible. You can really taste the sesame seeds, it’s not overly sweet and the texture is amazing.
Another thing I noticed is how filling this is. I had it for breakfast and it took me a while to feel hungry again. I hope you enjoy it!
Sesame Seeds Bar
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried, shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ tsp sea salt
- Start by grinding the flax seeds. I don't usually buy flax meal, I prefer to buy the flax seeds and grind it as I need it. To get 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds, you'll need about 2 tablespoons of whole flax seeds.
- I like to melt the coconut oil before adding it to the recipe because it makes so much easier to mix everything together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and fold until everything is well incorporated.
- Place it on a small baking sheet, flatten with a silicon spatula and place it in the freezer to set for about an hour.
- Once it's set, cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
- Store it in the freezer. It won't be frozen solid, so you can eat it at any time.