This recipe came from me not knowing what to make from dinner and not wanting to put any time or effort into the process. I looked in the fridge, grabbed a bunch of leftovers and came out with this 15-minute pasta. These are loose measurements because when I’m cooking for fun, I just add things in, so feel free to make it your own!
Light and quick pasta
- 1 handful brown rice pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil from tomato confit
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful arugula
- 3 falafels crumbled
- 1 avocado diced
- Sea salt and basil to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions.
- While the pasta is cook, cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, add the olive oil, and return it to medium-high heat.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, the falafels and the arugula and cook for a couple of minutes, until the arugula wilts.
- Take from the heat, add the avocado and finish with the salt and basil.
- I used the leftover olive oil from a tomato confit recipe I made. Since it was already seasoned, you add all the garlic, herbs and tomato flavour to your pasta.
- This recipe will work well with any pasta.
- Use fresh basil for a brighter flavour.