I am a dessert person. When I saw this recipe on The Rawtarian’s site, I knew I had to do it. This simple but delicious recipe is amazing! It’s sweet and chewy, and the best – no sugar, flour, or dairy. I edited the original recipe a little (of course I did), but the result was still amazing.
This is not the most nutritious recipe ever, but it’s still very healthy and it makes a wonderful sugar fix that you can carry around as a snack or have it as a dessert.
They taste like lemon pie, and I devoured the whole recipe in only a few days. This is probably my new favorite dessert.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1½ cups dates
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Soak the dates in warm water for a few minutes. Especially in this recipe, soaking the dates will make everything much easier.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Process the almonds to a fine powder.
- Place them in a bowl and set it aside.
- Process all other ingredients in the food processor until there are no large pieces of dates.
- Add the ground almonds and pulse until incorporated.
- Transfer to a small baking sheet and place it in the refrigerator or the freezer to set.
- Once it's set, cut it and enjoy!