The first time I made and ate raw brownies I was in awe. I couldn’t believe I had lived for so long without knowing about this. The recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make, has 4 ingredients and it’s delicious. Could this be any better?
Yes! It’s sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy free. That means that you’re allowed to eat an extra piece without any guilt.
I got the recipe from one of my favorite raw food sites The Rawtarian, and if you can find the original here. As it always happens, I don’t really follow recipes, so I did a few changes and came up with a simpler recipe.
I added cacao nibs to the recipe for two reasons. One, for an extra crunch – the resulting texture is amazing, but this is optional. Two, I found this to be a great way to consume cacao nibs without the need of adding any sugar.
So get your food processor out and be prepared for a wonderful surprise!
- Food processor
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1½ cup pitted dates
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Soak the dates in warm water for a few minutes (2 or 3 is more than enough). This step is optional, but it makes processing the dates so much easier.
- Process the dates a bit, then add the cocoa powder and walnuts.
- Once it's all processed, fold in the cacao nibs.
- Place it in a container and put in the refrigerator for a few minutes before cutting it.
- I like it to be a little more bitter, but if you like things a little sweeter, you can add couple tablespoons of honey, maple syrup, or add less cacao powder.
- That's it!